The unmistakable taste of PEPINO Ice Cream is combined with the extraordinary quality of Costadoro coffee
Back in 1884 was born in Turin Gelateria PEPINO one of the first commercial resellers of Italian ice cream, the first in northern Italy able to emerge as ambassador of quality among the most important palates in Europe. In 1890, still in Turin, the story of a small bar-roasting began, transformed over the years into the company today known as Costadoro, a dynamic and constantly growing reality, both on the domestic market and on the foreign one.
It was unavoidable that sooner or later two excellences of this calibre, as well as being part of the same Exclusive brands Torino* network, would meet to give their brand lovers the unique and inimitable taste of real coffee ice cream.
Today, therefore, from the partnership between the two historical brands of the Piedmont food excellence, comes the new line of Ice cream PEPINO – COSTADORO entirely bio (from the milk to the coffee used), and consists of 4 products – the famous Pinguino, the new Sorbet Cold Brew Coffee, the timeless Coppetta and the practical Mezzolitro – which will be available from mid-June both in the Retail and Ho.Re.Ca. channels.
Thanks to this cooperation, the ice cream is produced with real coffee and no more with flavoured powders or semi-finished soluble.
- For the Pinguino, the Coppetta and Mezzolitro is used liquid coffee filter brewed by hot percolation.
- For the Sorbetto is used the Cold Brew Coffee, liquid coffee brewed by cold infusion.
Four products with a common denominator, the best quality with no compromises:
- Coffee blend 100% Arabica certified Bio and FairTrade (Gold Medal at the International Coffee Tasting 2019)
- Bio certified milk
- Bio certified low-fat cocoa
- Elevated security standards (certifications BRC, IFS and BIO)
- Genuine and unique taste
- Pinguino Bio al Caffè: bio, coffee ice cream covered by bio low-fat cocoa – 75 g
- Sorbetto Bio al Cold Brew Coffee: bio sorbet with Cold Brew Coffee, an absolute novelty in the market, with very low calories (only 59 Kcal) – 70 g
- Coppetta Bio al Caffè: bio, coffee ice cream – 80 g
- Mezzolitro Bio al Caffè: bio, coffee ice cream (only for Retail) – 300 g
- HO.RE.CA.:bars and restaurants
- RETAIL: shops and supermarkets (Carrefour, PAM, Auchan and CRAI)
- EATALY: in all Italian stores
- TEMPORARY STORE PEPINO: Milano central station starting from 15 June 2020
About Gelati PEPINO 1884:
Historical Turinese brand, among the oldest and most known, both nationally and internationally, Gelati PEPINO 1884 has crossed the history of Italy bringing good ice cream everywhere, but also elegance, sophistication and attention in high quality raw materials selection, briefly, the excellence of the Italian product.
Tradition, quality, but also innovation, the same innovation that in 1939 saw the birth of the first covered ice cream on a stick ever produced worldwide, the Pinguino, which, with its very thin cocoa coating, prevents ice cream from melting and can therefore be consumed while walking. A real revolution that has conquered the world.
Today Gelati PEPINO 1884 is a Company in constant growth, with an annual production of about 1,500,000 sticks and owned shops throughout Northern Italy and that, at the end of 2019, saw the first opening of a new location in London, under Camden arches.
Costadoro S.p.A., coffee roaster specialized in blends for the HO.RE.CA. market, represents today one of the most thriving businesses in northern Italy. With over 200 million cups served every year, it has a worldwide reputation and it’s present in more than 40 Countries (about 55% of the production is exported). Thanks to the attention and care used for its production process the Company, that started out in 1890 in Turin, has gained a leading role on the international market and has become a point of reference for Italian Coffee Culture throughout the world. Tradition as well as innovation: coffee processing is innovative but in full respect of a centuries-old tradition, having in the selection of raw materials, in the roasting process and in the final sorting its distinguishing elements, that are combined with advanced technologies and constant research in the scientific field.